MEET DOC COTTON
From the moment the idea was born to the moment we opened our shop in Peckham in South East London, the concept has always been the same, to empower the customer to create their own wardrobe.
We want you to be able to create the designs that you want to wear as opposed to trawling through numerous retailers and settling on something which isn’t truly what you first set out to find. Use us to be your own brand as opposed to being constrained by someone else’s.
1. Select which garment you want and then select the size that’s best for you. If you’re ordering in store then you will be able to try on the ghost garments or if you’re ordering online, use our sizing charts to ensure you select the correct fit.
2. Then choose one of the 100 prints that have been provided by local designers or upload your own design via our software to view a mock up on the garment that you selected.
3. Once the print has been chosen, you can then enlarge or decrease the size of the print to suit your own personal taste.
4. Dependent on the garment selected, you will be able to choose from a variety of buttons to add to the finish and a large selection of thread colours to compliment the design.
5. Following confirmation of the order, the information is immediately passed down to our studio downstairs where the process of creating your garment begins.
6. Our top of the range digital printer will print your design onto the required fabric, using only 100% high quality cotton fabrics to ensure great feel and fit.
7. The fabric is then treated and cut according to size before our local seamstresses construct your garment using the finishing selected and then despatching your finished garment once ready.
All prints available for selection have been provided by a number of local designers.
The fabrics used are of a high quality and 100% cotton, separating themselves from the unbreathable garments frequently used in sublimation printing. The fabrics are also only sourced from Fabric companies based in the UK.
THE FINISHING TOUCHES
All buttons and threads are of an extremely high quality and again, like the fabrics, have been sourced from UK outlets only. We have ensured that we have a wide and varied selection of both buttons and threads to suit all tastes among our customers.
Something very important to us, it is important that every item of clothing that we make, falls under the term “sustainable fashion”.
All garments will be made in a studio underneath the shop by our seamstresses and each of those seamstresses receives over the London Living Wage.
Because each garment is made especially for their owner, no garments are wasted and destroyed. This is hugely important to us at Doc Cotton.
MADE IN THE U.K.
We are committed to improving manufacturing in the UK and to restoring its history as one of the manufacturing hubs of Europe.
We want to work towards apprenticeships to use those based locally who have the required skills to make our garments as opposed to outsourcing them to outside the UK.
PROMOTING LOCAL TALENT
With such a strong array of talent currently in the capital and throughout the UK, it is our aim to promote print designers as best as we can to improve their exposure.
We are working with a large group of local artists to bring you designs that aren’t available in shops and to provide something different than the current high street offering.
JUST THE START
We want to continue pushing the boundaries of what is possible through customisable fashion until almost anything can be tweaked to one’s own personal taste. This may be humble beginnings but we have great plans to grow further and to continue to provide our customers with new ways to make their clothing ever more bespoke.