MEET DOC COTTON
Fed up with mass-produced fast-fashion, we set out on a mission to personalise the nation’s wardrobe, creating customisable and sustainable clothing.
From the very beginning when the idea of Doc Cotton was born, to the opening of our first shop in Peckham, the concept has always been the same: to allow you, our customer the chance to create your own wardrobe.
We want you to create bespoke printed garments that you choose to wear rather than trawling through numerous retailers, only to settle on second best. Let us be your own brand as opposed to being constrained by someone else’s.
Individuality. Independence. Innovation.
Want to know how to create your bespoke printed garment? Scroll down for our guide and follow the instructions to design your bespoke piece
HOW TO CREATE YOUR BESPOKE PRINTED GARMENT
1. Choose your preferred garment style and size
2. Choose from over 700+ prints from our community of local and worldwide artists or alternatively upload your own design. We encourage as much creativity as possible!
3. View the mock-up of your new garment and adjust the print size according to your preference
4. Customise your garment with a variety of buttons and threads to add your finishing touches
5. Have your personalised, hand-made garment delivered to your door within 5 days
HAND MADE IN PECKHAM
- Each garment is made to order in our Peckham studios by our skilled and talented production team
- Our top of the range digital printer will print your design onto the fabric, using 100% high quality sustainable cotton to ensure great feel and fit
- The fabric is then treated and cut according to size before our skilled production team construct your garment by hand
- Once we are happy with the finish and quality, your sustainable, personalised garment is delivered to your door
All our prints have been provided by a number of local and global designers and artists. We strongly encourage creatives to send their artwork to feature and sell on Doc Cotton.
The fabrics we use are high quality and 100% sustainable cotton, separating themselves from the unbreathable garments frequently used in sublimation printing.
THE FINISHING TOUCHES
All our buttons and threads are of high quality and sourced from UK outlets only. We have ensured that we have a varied selection of both buttons and threads to suit all tastes.
It is important that sustainability is at the core of Doc Cotton and not just an ‘add-on’
All garments are made in our Peckham studio where our shop can also be found by our production team who earn over the London Living Wage
Due to each garment being made especially for their owner, no material or garments are wasted and destroyed. This is significantly important to us at Doc Cotton, to ensure we adhere to our zero waste policy and core values
MADE IN THE U.K.
We are committed to improving UK manufacturing and to restoring its’ history as one of the manufacturing hubs of Europe
PROMOTING LOCAL TALENT
With such a strong talent presence in the capital and throughout the UK, it is our aim to promote our designers as best as we can, increasing their exposure.
We are working with a large group of local and global artists to bring you designs that cannot be found in shops and to provide something different than the current high street offering.
JUST THE BEGINNING
We want to continue pushing the boundaries of what is possible through customisable and sustainable fashion to suit your personal style. This may be humble beginnings but we have great plans to grow and to continue providing new ways to make your clothing truly authentic and sustainable