MEET DOC COTTON
Fed up with mass-produced fast-fashion, we are on a mission to personalise the nation’s wardrobe, creating affordable, customised and sustainable clothing.
From the moment the idea was born to the opening of the first shop in Peckham, the notion has always been the same: to empower you, our customer to create your own wardrobe.
We want you to create personalised clothes that you choose to wear rather than trawling through numerous retailers, only to settle on second best. Let us be your own brand as opposed to being constrained by someone else’s.
Individuality. Independence. Innovation.
1. Choose the garment style you like best and the size you want
2. Choose from the 100s of prints that we feature or alternatively upload your own design. You are the artist and we are the canvas!
3. View the mock-up of your new garment and adjust the size of the print
4. Choose from a variety of buttons and threads to add the finishing touches
5. Have your personalised, hand-made garment delivered to your door in 3-5 days.
HAND MADE IN PECKHAM
- Each garment is made individually in our Peckham studios by our talented seamstresses.
- Our top of the range digital printer will print your design onto the required fabric, using only 100% high quality cotton to ensure great feel and fit
- The fabric is then treated and cut according to size before our local seamstresses construct your garment by hand
- Once we are happy with the finish and quality your unique, personalised garment is delivered to your door.
All our prints have been provided by a number of local designers
The fabrics we use are high quality and 100% cotton, separating themselves from the unbreathable garments frequently used in sublimation printing. All our fabrics are sourced from the UK.
THE FINISHING TOUCHES
All buttons and threads are of an extremely high quality and again, sourced from UK outlets only. We have ensured that we have a wide and varied selection of both buttons and threads to suit all tastes amongst you, our customers.
Something very important to us, it is important that every item of clothing that we make, falls under the term “sustainable fashion”.
All garments are made in a studio underneath the shop by our seamstresses who receive over the London Living Wage.
Due to each garment being made especially for their owner, no material or garments are wasted and destroyed. This is hugely important to us at Doc Cotton.
MADE IN THE U.K.
We are committed to improving manufacturing in the UK and to restoring its’ history as one of the manufacturing hubs of Europe.
We want to work towards apprenticeships to use those based locally who have the required skills to make our garments.
PROMOTING LOCAL TALENT
With such a strong talent presence in the capital and throughout the UK, it is our aim to promote print designers as best as we can, improving their exposure.
We are working with a large group of local artists to bring you designs that are not available in shops and to provide something different than the current high street offering.
JUST THE START
We want to continue pushing the boundaries of what is possible through customisable and sustainable fashion to suit your personal and individual style. This may be humble beginnings but we have great plans to grow and to continue providing new ways to make your clothing truly authentic and sustainable.