- IMPORTANT INFORMATION
- Please note that this policy only applies to personal information we have collected from you and does not apply to personal information collected from your interactions with third parties.
- References to “Doc Cotton”, “we” and “us” are to Doc Cotton Ltd an English company with registered company number 108196668 and whose registered office is at Martley Hall, Framlingham Road Easton, Woodbridge, Suffolk, IP13 0EN. For the purposes of this policy, Doc Cotton Ltd. is the Data Controller and is registered with the UK Information Commissioners Office with registration number ZB401082.
- References to the Website means the website found at doccotton.com ; and
- Personal information is information that is about you and which identifies you.
- WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
- If you have registered with us, or ordered items from us, we will have your name, email address, telephone number, postal address, and the method you chose to make your purchase with. We also collect information about how you use our services, such as types of content you view or engage with or the frequency and duration of your activities.
- In addition, our servers, logs, and other technologies automatically collect certain information (see below) to help us administer, protect and improve our services; analyse usage and improve users’ experience. We share personal information with others only as described in this policy, or when we believe that the law permits or requires it.
- We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when registering an account and shopping with us, registering to receive our newsletter or marketing materials, ordering our products, or otherwise contacting us. We also receive personal data from third parties or other sources.
- We may also collect information about your device each time you use a site. If you have an account with us, we may collect information from or about the computers, phones or other devices where you log into our services. We may associate the information we collect from your different devices, which helps us provide consistent services across your devices. Examples of the device information that we collect includes: the operating system, hardware version, web browser type, language, IP address and pages you visit before or after navigating to/around our website
- WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT?
- We are the data controller for the purpose of data protection law, in respect of your personal information collected via the website.
Data Protection Officer
Doc Cotton Ltd
- HOW DO WE USE THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU?
- Your personal information may be used by us, our employees, service providers, and disclosed to selected third parties for the following purposes:
- In the UK, we work with Strawberry Lemon Digital Limited via MailChimp. They are companies that manage our marketing database
- Using this information, we can tailor communications to send people suitable offers that should be of interest to them, based on what they like to buy.
- If you do not wish to share this information please email us at email@example.com you can also contact us at any time to be unsubscribed from any marketing activity.
- We may also disclose your personal information to other third parties, for example:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets we will disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party (or are subject to a reorganisation within our corporate group), personal information held by us will be one of the transferred assets; and
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply the agreements concerning you (including agreements between you and us).
TYPE OF THIRD PARTY
- WHERE WILL WE TRANSFER YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
- For customers living within the UK or the European Economic Area (EEA) your personal information will only be processed within the UK and EEA.
- If we transfer personal information outside the European Economic Area (EEA), we will implement appropriate and suitable safeguards to ensure that such personal information will be protected as required by applicable data protection law.
- For further information as to the safeguards we implement, please contact our Data Protection Officer on firstname.lastname@example.org
- HOW LONG WILL WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
- We will keep it until you inform us otherwise.
- Please note that the above retention period may be extended where we need to preserve and use personal information for the purposes of bringing or defending a legal claim. In such cases, we will continue to hold and process your personal information for as long as is necessary to deal with the legal proceedings.
- UNDER DATA PROTECTION LAW
- It is considered a legitimate business interest for us to use our customers' details for direct marketing, you can unsubscribe at ANYTIME by emailing us at email@example.com
- YOUR RIGHTS
- You have certain rights with respect to your personal information. The rights may only apply in certain circumstances and are subject to certain exemptions. Please see below for a summary of your rights.
a. Right to be informed: You have the right to be informed about how your personal data is being used - hopefully this Privacy Notice explains it all.
b. Right to access: You have the right to access the personal data we hold on you which allows you to be aware of and verify the lawfulness of the processing.
c. Right to rectification: You have the right to have personal data rectified if inaccurate, out of date or incomplete.
d. Right to erasure: You have the right in certain circumstances to have personal data erased, also known as ‘the right to be forgotten’.
e. Right to restrict processing: You have the right to request the restriction of your personal data in certain circumstances. When processing is restricted, we are permitted to store the personal data, but not use it.
f. Right to object: You have the right to object to any personal data processing which is based on legitimate interests of the controller or public interest unless there are compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which are sufficient to override your interests, rights and freedoms or the processing is for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
g. Right to data portability: You have the right to request that, in the case of automated data only, where possible we transfer elements of your personal data to another data controller.
h. Right to automated decision making and profiling: You have the right not to be subjected to decisions based solely on automated processing.
i. Right to withdraw consent: You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where we rely on consent to use your personal information.
j. Right to complain: You have the right to complain to the relevant data protection authority, which in our case is, the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), where you think we have not used your personal information in accordance with data protection law. You may call the ICO on 0303 1231113. Further information on complaints can found [Here]
- THIRD PARTY LINKS
- The Website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins, and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for how they handle your personal information. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.