Terms & Conditions
Doc Cotton – Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
- The following terms and conditions govern the use of this website and outline the legal responsibilities and obligations that shall exist between you and Doc Cotton Ltd. (also referred hereafter as ‘we', ‘us', ‘our', ‘Doc Cotton’).
- These Terms & Conditions do not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
- These Terms & Conditions can be changed without any prior notification and it remains the responsibility of the customer to be familiar with them prior to placing an order.
- COPYRIGHT & TRADEMARK
- The contents of these pages (including pictures, designs, logos, photographs, text written and other materials) are the copyright trademark or registered trademark of Doc Cotton Ltd. or its content and technology providers or their respective owners.
- The copying, modification, distribution, reproduction, or incorporation into any other work of part or all of the material available on this website in any form is prohibited without express permission.
- CONFORMITY OF GOODS
- While we take every care to ensure that the description and specification of our products on this site are correct, including measurements are accurate. They are not binding and are intended only to give a general description of the products.
- We have made every effort to make sure we accurately display every product on our website. However, actual colours may vary depending on calibration of your monitor, and we cannot guarantee this will reflect the true likeness of product on delivery.
- PLACING AN ORDER
- All orders are subject to acceptance and product availability.
- Once you have placed an order, we will send you an email confirming that your order has been received, but this is not a confirmation that your offer to purchase the goods has been accepted.
- If for any reason we are unable to fulfil any part of the order, we will notify you as soon as is practical and refund your card within 7 days of so doing. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- On the rare chance the fabric for your order is no longer in stock or has delayed delivery, we will notify you be email or by telephone depending on the delay timings. Doc Cotton Ltd is not responsible for fabrics going out of stock. We will of course do our utmost to always make sure fabrics are in stock.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to ensure that all information given on your order is complete and accurate. Where information given by the customer is incomplete, misleading or incorrect the customer will be liable for any costs involved in resolving the matter.
- A contract between you and Doc Cotton for the sale of our products will only exist once an order has gone into production. A separate email will be sent to you confirming the status of your order, from production to despatch of the item(s).
- Once production is completed, another email will be sent to you confirming despatch of the item(s).
- Prices and availability of goods are subject to change without notice. The advertised delivery charge will be added to your order value unless otherwise stated.
- When placing an order, you undertake that the information you give is accurate and complete. To amend an order or delivery address, please contact us immediately. We will do our best to make amendments prior to production and/or despatch, but we cannot guarantee changes can be made once an order is processed as all items are printed and handmade specific to your order.
- All our items are printed, handmade and despatched from our production studio as soon as possible. Please allow 1-2 weeks for making and sending your item(s) once the order has been accepted.
- When you place an order for an item, your credit/debit card will be charged for the full value of the goods at the time of the order, prior to production and/or despatch.
- PAYMENT & TAXES
- All credit and charge card holders are subject to validation checks and authorization by the card issuer. If the issuing institution refuses to authorize payment to Doc Cotton, we will not accept the order. The payments are made on the website through the Stripe platform.
- All prices are quoted in pounds sterling and for orders placed within the EU are inclusive of VAT. If your order is being delivered outside of the EU, VAT will not be charged but the selling price will remain the same.
- If your order is exempt from VAT, you must request that the VAT element be removed by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org . We cannot refund VAT retrospectively.
- We accept online payment in a secure environment by credit card, debit card, through STRIPE our payment provider. We currently accept Visa, Mastercard, Visa Delta, Maestro, Visa Electron and Solo. We do not accept American Express at this time.
- Items are sent by a tracked and signed for service. We will send an email notification with tracking information once your item is despatched and on its way to you. Doc Cotton will not take responsible for any delays with packages once sent, or items that may get lost in the post or stolen once sent and/or delivered. It is the customers responsibility to resolve any loss or delay by use of the tracking information provided by Doc Cotton. Goods will be sent to the address given by you in your order.
- In the event that an item within your order is delayed in production (and this was not apparent when you placed your order), we will notify you of the delay and despatch it as soon as is possible at no additional cost. Other items within the order will be despatched as normal.
- If your delivery address is outside of the EU, your order may be subject to import duties and taxes, which are levied once a shipment reaches your country. This is outside of our control, and it is your responsibility to meet these charges. In addition overseas shipment charges may apply.
- Please note, customs policies vary widely from country to country. We recommend you contact your local customs office for further information. Please also note international shipments may be subject to cross-border inspections by customs authorities.
- For our current delivery policy, please see here.
- As Doc Cotton Ltd sells made-to-order items (the basis of our ‘no waste’ sustainability business model), we cannot offer a return or refund on our garments if you change your mind or if the item(s) does not fit. Each piece is individually printed and handmade once your order has been placed. A lot of time and care goes into making each item, so please be considerate when placing your order.
- Make sure to visit our sizing guide page to ensure you match yourself to the correct size.
- If you are unsure, please email email@example.com with any questions.
Lifestyle & Homewares:
- We can offer an exchange or return if your item is returned to us within 14 days of receiving your order.
- Your order should be returned to us in its original condition: unused, unwashed, undamaged, with all original tags in place, and packed in the original tissue paper and packaging to receive a full refund.
- If you wish to return your item after the 14 day period, you can have a credit note to spend on the website within 2 months, once your item is return to us.
- If your item is faulty, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sometimes we make mistakes. If you have received an incorrect or faulty item, we are very sorry. Please email us with your order number and a description of the issue.
- Please send photos if possible. Then we can investigate the problem and do everything we can to solve the issue and improve the manufacture of the item if necessary.
- Please email beforehand so we can suggest how to return the order. We will also need a copy of your postage receipt and will always reimburse you for any extra postage charges on faulty items.
Responsibily made to order
Using sustainably sourced cotton, bamboo silk and linen mixes, Doc Cotton offers luxury and style made to last.