WE WELCOME CREATIVITY
Our community of talented designers have created prints exclusively for Doc Cotton. For all the creatives out there, we strongly encourage you to use your own designs and create the style that you want. We can guarantee perfect results every time.
When using your own designs, please ensure that certain steps are followed to avoid any problems with the print and get the best results from us every time!
USING YOUR OWN DESIGN
- Please ensure that the design naturally tiles, if the file uploaded is placed next to itself, it would seamlessly flow into itself, creating a continuing pattern
- If you are uploading a stand alone image then the software will naturally tile the pattern, creating a flowing design.
- For both of the above, we would recommend uploading a high resolution JPEG or PNG file with a minimum DPI of 300.
At a 300 DPI resolution, we recommend uploading an image sized at 2000×2000 pixels in order for the software to tile the design optimally
If your initial image is larger then 5MB or is larger then 2000×2000, please use a free online resizing tool such as http://www.resizeimage.net to reduce the file size before uploading
USING OTHERS' DESIGNS
With so much talent out there, there are plenty of designs outside of our selection o use. If so, please ensure that you have permission to use these design or that you have purchased ownership. If you are purchasing it, then read through the fine print and double check that you have the level of ownership that allows you to print onto our garments.
As with designs that you have created yourself, please double check the design tiles and ensure it is a high resolution with a minimum DPI of 300.
If you’re a designer that would like to collaborate with us and allow our customers to express themselves through your creativity, do get in touch, we would love to hear from you!
SELL YOUR DESIGN
- If you would like to monetise your creativity and share your designs with the world, then we invite you to join the Doc Cotton community
- We aim to become the leading platform connecting fashion conscious consumers with up and coming design talent
- To join us on this journey, please click below to submit your portfolio
- If accepted, you will be given a personal home page featuring your bio and design collection and paid a £5 commission on every item sold
- This allows you to showcase your personal brand, make money and see your designs brought to life through Doc Cotton
Shutterstock and other stock image companies have millions of fabric prints available to them so you can spend hours looking through them to find the perfect print for you
Vector Magic lets you use photos of paintings and have them converted into vectors to be used with the software. They don’t have to be paintings by you. Friends, family and children can all become designers for the day