WE WELCOME CREATIVITY
Our designers have provided a wide and varied selection of prints exclusively created for Doc Cotton, however, for all the creative types out there we strongly encourage you to use your own designs to create the style that you want.
When using your own design you must ensure that certain steps are followed to avoid any problems with the print…
USING YOUR OWN DESIGN
- Ensure that the design naturally tiles, meaning that if the file uploaded is placed next to itself, then it would seamlessly flow into itself, creating a continuing pattern
- If you are uploading a stand alone image then the software will naturally tile the pattern creating a flowing design.
- For both of the above we would recommend uploading a high resolution JPEG or PNG file with a minimum DPI of 300.
At a 300 DPI resolution we recommend uploading an image sized at 600×600 pixels in order for the software to tile the design optimally
If your initial image is larger then 5MB or is larger then 600×600 please use a free online resizing tool such as http://www.resizeimage.net to reduce the file size before uploading
USING OTHERS' DESIGNS
There are so many great designers out there that there will be plenty of other designs outside of our selection that you may want to use. You must ensure however, that you have permission to use the design or that you have purchased ownership. If you are purchasing it, then read through all of the fine print to double check that you have the level of ownership that allows you to print onto garments.
As with designs that you have created yourself, double check the design tiles and that it is of a high resolution with a minimum DPI of 300.
If you’re a designer that would like to collaborate with us and allow our customers to express themselves through your creativity, please get in touch.
SELL YOUR DESIGN
- If you would like to monetize your creativity and share your designs with the world then we invite you to join the Doc Cotton community
- We aim to become the leading platform connecting fashion conscious consumers with up and coming design talent
- To join us on this journey please click below to submit your portfolio
- If accepted you will be given a personal home page featuring your bio and design collection and paid a £5 commission on every item sold
- This allows you to showcase your personal brand, make money and see your designs brought to life through Doc Cotton
Companies such as Shutterstock and other stock image companies have millions of fabric prints available to them so you can spend hours looking through them to ensure you get the print that you want.
Vector Magic allows you to use photos of paintings and have them converted into vectors which are in turn able to be used with the software. They don’t have to be paintings by you either, friends, family, children can all become designers.